IndividualsIn connection with the conclusion of a vehicle rental agreement (hereinafter referred to as the “Agreement”) with the company ARIO RENT s.r.o., with its registered office at Šafárikova trieda 288/17, 040 11 Košice, ID: 55221386 (hereinafter referred to as the “Lessor”), the Lessor, as the data controller, processes certain of your personal data. In accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter referred to as the “Regulation”), it is our aim to inform you in accordance with the Regulation about the processing of your personal data. The purpose of the regulation of these personal data processing conditions (hereinafter referred to as the “conditions”) is to inform you as a data subject primarily about:
- the purposes for which we process your personal data,
- whom we may provide them to,
- what your rights are,
- where and how you can contact us in case you have questions regarding the processing of your personal data.
1. Information about the Data Controller
- The Data Controller is ARIO RENT s.r.o. with its registered office at Šafárikova trieda 288/17, 040 11 Košice, ID: 55221386. The Data Controller is a commercial company established under Slovak law providing paid temporary provision of a vehicle to the Lessee under the conditions set out in the Agreement and its annexes within the territory of the Slovak Republic, or the territory of the European Union.
- In case of any questions related to the processing of your personal data, you can contact us at the address ARIO RENT s.r.o., with its registered office at Šafárikova trieda 288/17, 040 11 Košice, ID: 55221386, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at the phone number: 0907641446.
2. What Personal Data Do We Process and for What Purpose?
- As the Data Controller, we process only the personal data that is necessary to achieve the specific purpose of processing. Personal data is always processed for a predefined and legitimate purpose, and without processing them, this purpose could not be achieved. From this, it follows that if you do not allow us to process the required personal data, we would not be able to, for example:
- enter into agreements with you,
- provide you with our services,
- communicate with you.
- As the Data Controller, we process common personal data, primarily:
- identification data – e.g., title, name, surname, date of birth, ID, tax identification number, VAT ID
- contact information – e.g., residential address, business location, registered office, phone number, email, work email address, work phone number,
- data necessary for providing the service, refunds, etc. (in addition to identification and contact data) – IBAN, SWIFT code.
- In your case, as the Data Controller, we do not process special categories of personal data.
- We may process your personal data based on the following legal bases:
- if processing personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or for the performance of pre-contractual measures taken at your request (hereinafter referred to as
- processing personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Slovak Republic is subject (hereinafter referred to as “Law”),
- processing personal data is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by the Data Controller or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject that require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child (hereinafter referred to as “Legitimate Interest”).
- Given that you have an interest in using our services and renting a Vehicle under the conditions set out in the Agreement and its annexes, these conditions apply to you. Our aim is to inform you about how we process your personal data during the term of the contractual relationship between you and the Data Controller and in connection with it.
- The scope of processed personal data that we obtain directly from you is as follows:
- contact and identification data: title, name, surname, or business name, residential/business address, email address, phone number, date of birth, driver’s license number, ID, tax identification number, VAT ID, ……
- contractual data: arising from the content of the contract and its possible annexes that you have concluded with the Data Controller,
- payment data: IBAN and SWIFT code,
- correspondence and communication data: e.g., email and written correspondence,
- data contained in your Lessee file as a customer of the Data Controller (if such a file exists).
- As the Data Controller, we will process your personal data for the following purposes and on these legal bases:
- Lessee records: keeping records of all customers and related contractual relationships. Legal basis – Agreement,
- Accounting and taxes: keeping records related to the performance of the contractual relationship with the Lessee for the purpose of fulfilling obligations arising from applicable legal regulations regarding financial transactions. Legal basis – Law,
- Business communication – includes personal data contained in electronic and written communication with the Data Controller. Legal basis – Legitimate Interest,
- Ensuring compliance with obligations arising from legal regulations, e.g., archiving documents, anti-money laundering, compliance with court orders, obligations under the Consumer Protection Act, and others. Legal basis – Law,
- Identification, assertion, and defense of the Data Controller’s legal claims – involves the use of your personal data to defend and assert the rights of the Data Controller in judicial, administrative, and other proceedings before the relevant authorities. Legal basis – Legitimate Interest,
- Location services – tracking the location of the Vehicle for the purpose of protecting the property of the Data Controller. Legal basis – Legitimate Interest.
- The legal basis for processing your personal data is the Agreement, Law, and Legitimate Interest. The Data Controller’s legitimate interest in processing personal data in the above cases prevails over the interests and rights of the data subject requiring the protection of personal data. The Data Controller has an interest in protecting its rights, property, and interests. This procedure does not unreasonably interfere with the interests and rights of the data subject.
- Identification of recipients. Under certain circumstances, as the Data Controller, we may provide your personal data to other entities to the extent necessary and always while maintaining the confidentiality of the data recipient. These are primarily:
- our employees, or persons we authorize to perform individual legal and/or other services, as well as acting or cooperating attorneys,
- third parties who provide us with services (accounting processing: Kenko Raifu s.r.o., server storage provider WebHouse s.r.o., accounting software provider: Kros a.s., including the employees of these persons),
- other entities with whom we have an obligation to provide this data under applicable legal regulations, and the scope of data provided to these third parties is determined by law. In such cases, these third parties may use your personal data only for the purposes described above and only in accordance with our documented instructions and applicable legal regulations. We would like to emphasize that despite the commitment to confidentiality, which is paramount for us, we are nevertheless obliged to prevent the commission of a criminal offense or report important information related to anti-money laundering or terrorist financing.
- As the Data Controller, we do not transfer your personal data to third countries outside the European Economic Area (EU, Iceland, Norway, and Liechtenstein). Email communication and electronic copies of all documentation related to our activities remain stored on servers located within the territory of the Slovak Republic.
- The retention period depends on the achievement of the purpose of processing your personal data; thereafter, your personal data will be destroyed. The retention period results from:
- In most cases, we will process your personal data for up to 5 years following the year in which your rights to claims under the contract with you as a customer expired,
- from the relevant legal regulations when your personal data is processed on the basis of Law (e.g., 10 years for accounting documents),
- in exceptional cases, e.g., for the purposes of conducting legal proceedings with you as a customer, it is possible to process your personal data for a longer period during the course of that legal dispute, in which case,
- if personal data is processed for a legitimate interest, it will be processed for the period during which our legitimate interest in processing your personal data persists (e.g., up to 2 years after the year in which related business communication ended, up to 60 days after the return of the Vehicle).
- Your personal data will not be used for automated decision-making.
- In connection with the processing of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office for Personal Data Protection of the Slovak Republic, Hraničná 12, 820 07 Bratislava, Slovak Republic.
- You have the right to correct incorrect personal data concerning you or to complete incomplete personal data. If you find that we process incorrect or incomplete data about you, please do not hesitate to contact us at ARIO RENT s.r.o., with its registered office at Šafárikova trieda 288/17, 040 11 Košice, ID: 55221386, or by email at email@example.com, or by phone at:
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, but only to the extent permitted by the Regulation. If we process your personal data due to our legitimate interest, you can object to the processing if you have personal reasons for doing so.
- As a data subject, you have the right to access your personal data. If the conditions defined by the Regulation are met, you can request a summary of your personal data that we process about you.
- Under certain circumstances, you can request a restriction of processing, the transfer of your personal data, and you also have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data.
- You have the right for us as the Data Controller to promptly inform you of a personal data breach if such a personal data breach may result in a high risk to your rights.
3. Specification of the Scope and Purpose of Personal Data Processing
4. What Are Your Rights Regarding the Processing of Personal Data?
ARIO RENT s.r.o.